We all have our go-to coping mechanisms, some healthier than others, to help us get through stressful times in life. Some people turn to meditation, others to reading and a few to music. If you choose the right songs you can truly feel yourself enter a state of relaxation. Music can not only serve as a coping mechanism but as a way set calm vibes in any circumstance. Whether you’re at a nail appointment, hair salon or went to cool down before bedtime, these songs will serve their purpose in allowing you to relax and release.
- “Blue Dream” by Jhené Aiko. The 32-year-old sings about the love she has for her
young daughter in this record.
- “Love Galore” by SZA. A beautiful love song with low beats and an addicting melody.
- “Peace of Mind” by PARTYNEXTDOOR. True to its name, this record will give you
peace of mind and then some.
- “Floods” by Lucky Daye.
- “B.S.” by Jhené Aiko, H.E.R.
- “Water” by Richie Campbell, Slow J, Lhast. The Portuguese artist released this song
almost three years ago and it perfects that relaxing vibe you’re looking for.
- “Passionfruit” by Drake.
- “It’s a Vibe” by 2 Chainz. This song quickly became a classic when it dropped and just
thirty seconds in, it’s easy to see why.
- “Met Gala” by Gunna.
- “Not a Love Song” by Mariah the Scientist. The Atlanta artist wrote this track
beautifully, and its nonaggressive beats are the cherry on top to it.
- “Same Ol’Mistakes” by Rihanna. Naturally, Riri had to be included on this list.
Although the song is not originally her’s, she killed it, putting listeners in almost a