If Valentine’s Day is looking like a stay-at-home event for you, no worries because there are still ways to make the night enjoyable! Whether it will be a night in by yourself (self-love is important too!), with your pals or that special someone, you can make that night a night to remember with some unforgettable movies to watch. Whether you’re looking for the hottest movie out right now or want to revisit an old classic, we’ve compiled a great list of flicks to sit back and watch on the 14th of February. Grab your popcorn, grab your pals or your significant other and enjoy.
- Malcolm & Marie. The film featuring Zendaya and John David Washington has
generated a lot of buzz on social media since its release on February 5th. It tells the tale of a couple going through bumps in the road of their relationship. The dialogue and the cinematography are so far the most discussed parts of the movie. Stream the movie on Netflix!
- The Little Things. This HBO Max film is a far cry from a romance. Instead, it’s a crime
thriller that is sure to have the audience on the edge of their seats. Released in late
January, this film takes viewers on a chase as Denzel Washington and Rami Malek’s
characters chase after a serial killer in Los Angeles.
- Love Actually. This romantic-comedy is a certified classic. Although it’s typically
considered a Christmas movie, it is nonetheless about romance and fitting for Valentine’s Day. If you haven’t seen this film yet, you’ll be enchanted by the various storylines of the unique characters. However, if you’ll be revisiting the Richard Curtis-directed film, your heart will once again be warmed by the timeless movie.
- Moonlight. If you’re looking for a beautiful story that is sure to make those tears fall, this movie is the one. It won an Academy Award for Best Picture and it is no surprise as to why. Not only is the film groundbreaking for the LGBTQ+ and Black community, it was also beautifully told and its actors did the film justice. “Moonlight” can be found on Netflix today, you don’t want to miss out on it.
- Just Wright. This film can be the best of both worlds for you and your partner. There’s
enough basketball and romance to go around for the both of you! Queen Latifah and
Common give their all in this romantic comedy and they’ll leave you begging for more. Follow the journey of a physical therapist falling in love with a professional basketball player and you won’t regret it.
There’s no reason not to enjoy Valentine’s Day this year, regardless of who you are or are not spending it with. Let these movies make your night!