In the Upper East Side lies the groovy yet upscale barber shop, Artisan Barber. When you walk
in the establishment you will be greeted by talented barbers waiting to give you the haircut you
deserve. As a barber they will do their part to make sure you leave the shop satisfied with your
new look, but as a client there are a few things you can do to make the process smoother.
Artisan Barber’s very own Will Rodriguez shared a few tips on how to ensure a great haircut when visiting your barbershop.
1. Arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. It gives you and your barber time to
greet each other and hang up your jacket, items, etc. This way you have your full allotted
time for a brief consultation and ensures the haircut isn’t rushed.
2. Have a basic idea of the style and length of your desired haircut so that you can explain it
to your barber. Pictures are great but a brief description of how you wear your hair and
how long since your last haircut it’s been is more than enough information. A good
barber will be able to transform those details you give into your desired look.
3. Stay off your phone. Your barber needs to be able to speak with you about the steps
involved and prompt you when to adjust your head for different techniques. Treat your
service like a doctor or dentist appointment, your barber’s literally performing surgery on
4. Feel free to ask questions or add suggestions about length or minor details that you prefer
during the service. For instance, you can say: “I like my sideburns shorter” or “I prefer
my bangs longer.” This type of interaction is encouraged and involves you in the process.
5. Tip your barber and let them know if you’re satisfied with the finished product. Don’t be
shy to ask for adjustments at the end of your appointment. If the haircut isn’t exactly
what you envisioned, a few finishing touches can perfect your desired hairstyle.
Book today with Will or our other talented barbers by visiting us at www.artisanbarber.com or
by calling us at 917-388-2054.